Game Summaries & Headlines.
13 Hits Not Enough For Oakton Cougars Varsity To Overtake James Madison
- Game Date
- May 4, 2022
- COUGARS: 4
- Oakton Cougars Varsity out-hit James Madison 13 to eight, but it wasn't enough in an 11-4 loss on Wednesday
- The Oakton Cougars Varsity struggled to contain the high-powered offense of James Madison, giving up 11 runs.
- James Madison fired up the offense in the first inning, when B Eldridge singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Oakton Cougars Varsity evened things up at two in the top of the third inning when Reid Steinberg singled on a 3-2 count, scoring one run.
- James Madison pulled away for good with three runs in the fourth inning. In the fourth B Brazell's sac fly scored one run for James Madison and an error scored two runs for James Madison.
- James Madison scored five runs in the sixth inning. James Madison batters contributing to the big inning included B Brazell, C Moore, and P Colyar, all knocking in runs in the inning.
- B Brazell was credited with the victory for James Madison. The fireballer lasted six and two-thirds innings, allowing 13 hits and four runs while striking out nine and walking zero. E Novario threw one-third of an inning in relief out of the bullpen. E Novario recorded the last out to earn the save for James Madison.
- Tanner Vislay took the loss for Oakton Cougars Varsity. The bulldog allowed five hits and five runs over four innings, striking out one.
- Oakton Cougars Varsity had 13 hits in the game. Steinberg, Robbie Lavey, Nick Toole, and Ethan Jones all managed multiple hits for Oakton Cougars Varsity. Toole, Lavey, and Steinberg each managed three hits to lead Oakton Cougars Varsity.
- B Brazell went 2-for-4 at the plate to lead James Madison in hits. James Madison didn't commit a single error in the field. C Moore had ten chances in the field, the most on the team.