Girls Freshman Volleyball
Oakton Cougars Volleyball Fall 2021 TRYOUTS will be held August 2-4
Monday, August 2nd
9am – 12pm - Conditioning Tests/General Skills
- 1 - 4pm - Conditioning Tests/General Skills
Tuesday, August 3rd
- 9am – 12pm - Serving/Passing/Setting/Attacks/Gameplay
- 1 – 4pm - General Skills/Gameplay
Wednesday , August 4th
- 9am - 10:45am - Gameplay/Final Assessments
- 11am - 12pm - Player & Coaching Conferences
- 1 - 2:45pm - Gameplay/Final Assessments
- 3 - 4pm - Player Conferences
- All Student Athletes should plan to arrive 15 minutes on the first day of tryout (2nd August) to get their assigned registration number to their name and hand over any missing required paperwork to the Athletic Trainer (AT) Office, Mr. Paul Rupp. The assigned registration number should be kept through the tryouts, and return after the player conference on the final day (4th August). Coaching staff will NOT accepted any hardcopy documents. Athletes are expected to attend all 3 sessions of the tryouts to be consider for a position on any team. You, the athlete, will be held accountable for being late to tryouts so manage your times accordingly. If an athlete needs to see the Athletic Trainer (AT) before tryouts, but please inform the coaching staff.
- All Rising Freshmen must attend freshmen tryouts and can only attend the JV/Varsity tryouts if invited by a coach after their first day of tryouts.
- Athletes selection on the teams will be made on Wednesday (4th August) during the player conference. During the player conference, the coaching staffs will be call in each individual athlete to offer a spot on the roster or not.
- Athletes must complete the following to tryout:
- Student Registration (must be done prior to tryouts)
- VHSL Physical (can be brought to tryouts)
- Athletes should dress in athletic attire to tryout:
- Please bring 32 oz.+ water bottle
- Knee pads
- Towel, spare t-shirt, inhaler
- Masks are not required, but we encourage all players to wear them based on their personal comfort.
- Athletic shoes should be worn (indoor court shoes are preferred but not required).