Announcements and Important Events
The VHSL and Fairfax County Public Schools require the following items to be completed in order to be eligible to participate in sports at Oakton. FCPS will be using an online registration system in order to register for preseason conditioning, tryouts or sport participation. There will be no cost to register a student for a sport or academic activity.
- Anyone interested in participating in preseason conditioning or trying out for a team must have a physical examination on the VHSL form dated after May 1, 2021. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- A completed VHSL Physical Form (must be on the VHSL form and completed after May 1, 2021 in order to be valid for the 2021-2022 school year), Please review the form carefully to be sure to complete all sections. https://www.vhsl.org/vhsl-physical-form/
- FCPS has a new Athletic Registration System. Every student trying out for a sport must be registered in this new system. This site now contains the concussion education and emergency care form. https://oakton-ar.rschooltoday.com/
- Additionally, students MUST pass 5 classes in the semester prior to the start of their season and MUST be taking 5 classes in the current semester of your season.
- Proof of vaccination (information below). *
- Copies of vaccination cards may be turned into the Activities Office along with the physical paperwork
* Fairfax County Public Schools is requiring all athletes to be vaccinated after November 8th in order to participate in sports or out of season sports conditioning. Anyone granted an exemption for medical or religious reasons will be required to show a negative test weekly. FCPS is currently securing a vendor for testing. Details will be announced once the program is finalized. More information is available on the Fairfax County Public Schools website.
You may scan and email the physical form to Melissa Weber in the Activities Office at email@example.com . You may also mail them to Oakton HS, attn: Melissa Weber, 2900 Sutton Road, Vienna, VA 22181. We suggest you make a photocopy if you mail it to the school, in case they get lost in the mail.